Top 3 delicious snacks to accompany your chai !
1. Vanilla Tea Cake
1 cup butter (softened)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl add cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
2. Cinnamon Cookies
1-1/3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of sugar
10 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl add cream sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract together. Mix and stir to form a dough.
- Make small balls (about 1 inch in diameter) with the dough. Place balls about 2 inches apart on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until medium brown and let it cool.
3. Apple Scones
225g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
4 tbsp golden caster sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
125ml milk, plus extra for brushing
Clotted cream and fresh or defrosted blackberry compote (see goes well with), to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C.
- Tip flour into a large bowl with butter then rub it in using fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon, add apple and give everything a mix.
- Pour in milk and stir it in quickly, then fold the dough over 2-3 times until it’s a little smoother.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a roundabout 3cm deep.
- Dip a 6cm cutter into some flour then cut out scones, flouring the cutter each time.
- Squash offcuts lightly back into a round and repeat until all dough is used up.
- Brush tops with a little milk then place on a lightly floured baking sheet and bake for 18-20 mins until risen and golden. Allow cooling on the tray.
Samaara Tea Pouch