Chai and summers?
It doesn’t quite sound right. For chai loyalists, this won’t make a difference, tea is a staple in our lives, and missing even a single cup is a crime! Summer teas, on the other hand, can be simply perfect and we’ll explain why in this blog about tea mocktails!
Mocktails are fun and festive - perfect for a summertime party or a gathering. Whether you are soaking up the sun by the beach or need a savior on a hot afternoon, nothing beats the feeling of having a refreshing iced beverage (even better if it's iced tea, right?) in your hand.
Discover some fruity concoctions and enjoy a chilled glass on a hot afternoon or use these to bring a refreshing flavor to a party.
1. GREEN TEA MAI TAI
Warm weather and a cool island breeze. A mai tai is the beverage most associated with this feeling. This green tea mocktail can be easily prepared with only a few ingredients and cool you down in this sweltering heat. You will need a cup of water, green tea (tea bags or loose Green Tea), ice cubes, half-cup pineapple, and orange juice, respectively, and chopped pineapple or orange pieces for garnishing (optional).
- In a pan, boil the water and steep Samaara’s Green Tea for 5 minutes.
- Once the flavor is properly infused, remove the green tea bag. Add ice cubes, pineapple juice, and orange juice, and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a shaker and shake well.
- Pour it into a tall glass with ice, and add chopped pieces of pineapple and orange, if needed.
2. LEMON ICED TEA MOCKTAIL
Iced teas are unquestionably the greatest beverage in this blistering heat! This iced beverage requires only 5 basic ingredients and minimal prep time. You will require water, tea powder, mint leaves, lemon slices, powdered sugar, and ice cubes.
- Boil 5 cups of water in a pan. After bringing it to a boil, add Samaara’s Green Tea with Lemon flavor, mix well, and keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Strain it in a jar and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until it is chilled. The concentrated mixture is now ready.
- Take a tall glass, and add lemon slices, mint leaves, powdered sugar, and ice cubes.
- Pour the concentrated tea mixture into the tall glass and stir thoroughly.
- Serve CHILLED!
3. HIBISCUS MOCKTAIL
Not essentially a tea mocktail, this flowery variant makes the list due to its health benefits and tart cranberry-like flavor. Being good for the hair, liver, and skin, hibiscus helps in lowering blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. The ingredients you will need are 15-20 hibiscus flowers, 2 cups of water, a lemon, and 1 tablespoon of honey (or as per your preference)
- Wash and clean the hibiscus petals.
- Boil the petals in 2 cups of water, till the water reduces to half. Strain and allow it to cool.
- Add lemon juice and honey.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Mix in cold water or soda water before serving!
Impress your near and dear ones with these refreshing recipes at your next gathering. These enticing and delicious flavors are sure to be the party’s biggest hit! Head over to our website and check out our range of tea flavors packed in innovative packaging that will make it easier to obtain the complete flavor of the best Assam blends.