Tea lovers are always on the lookout for new and delicious excuses for drinking tea. And these excuses are served to them piping hot when a new recipe for making tea is brought to the forefront and becomes a trend. One such trend, which has made a lot of tea lovers happy, is Tandoori Chai.
What is so special about tandoori chai?
Chai in India has been served in kulhad since time immemorial. The reason that some people mention is that the mud from which kulhad is made imparts a very interesting and distinct flavour. And haven’t we experienced this thing ourselves? No wonder people crave kulhad wali chai and pay extra bucks to get chai in kulhad to taste the earthy taste of chai.
Besides the taste, the health benefits of black tea make it even more alluring. Are you aware of the health benefits of black tea?
Health benefits of Black Tea
Some common benefits that every tea lover knows and tells a new tea drinker are -
- It boosts energy and alertness.
- It sharpens the mind and aids in concentration.
- Antioxidants like polyphenols and catechins are abundant in it.
- Enhances metabolism
But in addition to this, it also offers several significant health advantages, including:
- It regulates blood pressure
- It preserves intestinal health
- It reduces harmful cholesterol
- It lowers the risk of developing cancer
- It enhances skin and hair health
Alright! Now you have more points to tell people when they say- Don’t drink so much Chai!
Getting back to the main agenda of our blog! - Tandoori Chai Recipe
How to make tandoori chai?
Making tandoori chai at home is easy. You don’t always need to go out to savour this delicious taste.
- Samaara Black Tea Leaves
- Sugar (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- Green Cardamom
Method to make tea
- In a pan add 2 ½ cups of milk
- Add 2 green cardamom (elaichi) to the milk
- Now add 3 tbsp of Samaara black tea leaves to the milk
- Let the tea now cook for a while, till the strong tea colour comes
- The tea will also reduce a bit during this process
- Strain the tea in a cup
Method to prepare tandoori kulhad
- Take a kulhad and with the help of tongs, heat the kulhad from all sides on your stove.
- Take a deep dish and place the hot kulhad in it.
Method to prepare tandoori chai
- In the kulhad, that is placed in a deep dish, pour the tea in the hot kulhad.
- Due to the hot kulhad the tea will overflow from the kulhad.
- After all the sizzling is done and the hot kulhad is cooled a bit, pour this tea in a cup and enjoy.
This easy tandoori chai at home will taste divine with the earthy taste of the tandoor and the authentic taste of Samaara Black Tea Leaves.
Check out Samaara to see the other kinds of tea that we offer. All the teas are brought straight to you from the tea estates of Assam.